Monday, 19 February 2007

Falling Babies

Last Night I Dreamt... That I was visiting a very old friend's parents' house. I was very nervous in the car journey over and was staring out of the window watching countryside scenerey flow past. It was strange, because this view was so familiar to me in my dream, but in waking life I cannot place it.

I arrived at the house, which they were about to sell, so I wanted to look around every nook and cranny to absorb it before it went. I have no idea whose house it was - their parents (who I also did not recognise) showed me round. There was lots of babies and small children playing in the large gardens - it was a really hot summers day. My friends mother, father & I climbed to the top of this podium which had a sort of terrace on top. We were talking and eating and playing with the babies, but noone was paying the children enough attention and they kept crawling really close to the edge. I was so scared they would fall, but felt that it would be rude for me to grab out and save them in front of my friends parents. In the end a baby fell and noone batted an eye-lid. Another one looked like it was going to go and I grabbed its leg but it slipped from my grasp.

I escaped from the terrace and ran into the house. The dream started to feel really sinister and it felt like I was running away from something or being followed as I wondered through the house. The house became a castle, where there was some kind of battle going on and I was with a young child of about 7 years old (who I also did not recognise) and we were running and hiding and trying to escape the building and the people in it for the rest of the dream.

I am not sure exactly what happened after that, but my last vision is being back in the car being driven away, looking at the same view with a feeling like I had been trapped in a Narnia-esque world of which I could talk to nooone about.

No comments: